Sunday, April 13, 2008

Squared....

I have one of my Design Team projects to show you for Paper Patch Crafts. The concept is completely scraplifted from Amy over at Pickled Paper.

Anne at paper patch sent me a collection of goodies to play with and i have three projects in all so this is the first in a series :)










i based the layout of each side on an SCS sketch challenge (since i really have enough cards I am trying to play but do something different with them - stay tuned):



Anne sent a collection of pink, green, and yellow embossed papers, prima flowers She has a GREAT collection here including the fabulous new 2008 collections), clear and lime green bubbles, a mini mister with reinker and perfect pearls powder (which you can get here), and a cool piece of canvas which i had never worked with before - among other things you will see in future projects this week!

I started with a plain wood block from Michael's and painted the edges of each side very thickly with Ranger's crackle paint in Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick. It needs to be painted on thickly so the crackles are prominent. it still dries relatively flat. I cut the canvas into squares and sprayed liberally with the pearl mist and reinker. this not only turned them green but gave them a bit of golden green shimmer as well.


All pieces are edged in SU glorious Green ink. Large Butterfly stamp is SU and colored with a clear spica glitter pen but it doesn't show well in the pic. The little girl swinging is my very first elzybells stamp (YAY!!!! more of those coming soon too!) and it is colored with prismas and gamsol. The butterfly is a studio g $1 stamp with perfect pearls. The little flowers and dirt pile are cut with Walk In My Garden cart for my cricut.

Stay tuned for more.....

FInally the top :) the clip is a pink binder clip glued to the top. Then i just covered it with primas. the prima centers are the bubbles in some and then crystal stickles with pink seed beads in others. Love this look and have TONS of these from my beading days so i may be doing this more often. I will likely use this to clip my little sketches when i am working on a sketch challenge :)

1 comment: