Saturday, April 19, 2008

skittled coaster album :)

what the heck is a Skittle album you ask?? i spend way to much time over on The Board (that's the cricut message board if i have any readers NOT from The Board.) well right now there is what i call a skittle frenzy going on. skittle are the little clear plastic dew drops, bubbles, baubles that can be found at Michaels on clearance right now. i have had these for awhile now. anywho my DEAR friend SillySkittles (on The Board) really got people fired up about them so we have dubbed them skittles in her honor. so i found myself telling my one year old yesterday Honey, skittles do NOT go in your mouth.....uh wait a minute........!!



anywho I am working on a coaster album for my mom and there are three requirements i have for myself. i love sketch challenges but don't need anymore cards so i am trying to make all the pages follow a current card sketch. i need to use more tech junkies techniques to make use of my newsletter so each page will use one of those AND each page must have at least one skittle!!!! (There will be more on those tomorrow so CHECK BACK!!)


here is page one:


alcohol inked transparency over the back of the cuttlebugging used for front ocver. primas are swiped across a versamark pad and dusted with perfect pearls.





Page two follows sketch 172 over on splitcoast, uses drummed pearls from technique junkies and of course several skittles:



well i have about three days worth of work ahead of me for just today so i better get busy!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! I just found you blog as I was browsing and I love your creations so I will be back!! If you have a minute, feel free to stop by mine!!! Your daughter is adorable!!

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete