Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bright Birthday....

So have you heard about TCP Tuesdays?? The girls over at The Cat's Pajamas issue a new challenge each Tuesday and you can win to be Swanky Stamper and get a gift certificate. This week was a sketch which I really liked BUT I did not get it submitted by the Saturday night deadline - too much goin on yesterday! however I really love the way the card turned out so I thought I'd post it here anyway!

Here is the sketch:



and the card:





The stamp is from The Cat's Pajamas, ink and paper are SU. I almost did my usual and stamped in black, then colored in with prismas - but then i decided to get really colorful! each cake has teeny little half pearls sent to me by Anne over at Paper patch crafts. i spritzed the pattern paper really good with perfect pearls mist made from water, pearl and interference green PP. IRL it really shimmers but it was raining here so i did not have good light for the picture. and OF COURSE it is finished off with skittles - for those of you reading this NOT from The Board (the cricut board) - skittles are little half beads on clearance right now at Michaels and SillySkittles over on the board started a nationwide obsession with them!! so they have been dubbed skittles and you should really check out what she has in her etsy shop - Sugar and Scraps - as much as i love these little beads i CAN'T WAIT to get my order from her and get to work with those adorable little babies!!!!

ok signing off - TOO much left to do for a Sunday night!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whooooa buddy, I'm lovin' all over this card. i'm sure pictures just don't do the thing JUSTICE!!! I can't wait to play with more perfect pearls....I'm gonna spray EVERYTHING. Even my hair - even if by accident. And if someone tells my i've got sparkles in my hair, I'll just say they're from Marti...LOL...

    ReplyDelete