Monday, March 24, 2008

Surprised myself



i really surprised myself with this LO AND I killed two birds with one stone so to speak. the LO is based on a recent SCS sketch challenge - SBSC130:


and it also fulfills a contest challenge on the stampingscrapbookers group i am in. this LO was an interesting process since i was not going to do either the sketch or the contest when i first saw them. but then i looked at them again and for some reason i just got inspired - go figure!

the challenge was to use flowers in a LO but you had to stamp them - any kind of flowers. i used die cut flowers from the Walk In My Garden cricut cartridge for the leaves and critters and George cart for the flowers. i stamped them with a new stamp - tooled leather from artistic outpost - in versamark and then embossed most of them with rainbow embossing powder by Ranger.

I may never be able to do plain die cuts again! this LO was somewhat uncharacteristic of me but i like it. can't wait to see what else i can do with this stamp too - really love the design. hhhmmmm maybe some magic pattern technique next......here are a couple close ups of the flowers.




The cute little critters are cut from some alcohol inked scraps i had leftover from a slew of cards i am working on to give my mom for a show she will have a booth at in a couple weeks. the pics are from our trip last week to see her.

4 comments:

  1. I like your version of the sketch! I REALLY have to start making layouts...or making something, actually...anything...instead of just buying.

    I got a complete laugh over at the small print of your title. YES! A cocaine addiction would been cheaper, and the withdrawal symptoms probably easier to handle as well!!! *giggles*

    Must stop stalking you for new studio stamps. What is it about them that makes me want to own them all!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOOOOO, MARTI! Got my stamps in the mail today. I wanted to throw them up in the air and roll around in them like in that one movie...but instead I opened them all up and organized them into my stamp binder. And now I'm just staring at them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marti, sorry for the torrent of comments here, but for the life of me I can't find your email address in my email...it's a big giant mess right now from my recent online ordering binge!

    I made some of the blinkies, "borrowed" some and adopted some (there's lots of sites that just let you save them to your hard-drive). I was caught up in the blinkie blitz a couple years back...I'll have to dust off my blinkie-making skills, but I will certainly try to help you out! If you want any of the ones I already have, my album is here:
    http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/cforum/Blinkie

    Feel free to take any of the ones you like :) email me if you need anything else! miss dot thoughts at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers! I love your bright colours. I have a tutorial for my magic pattern technique on my blog if you'd like to link to it. :0)
    Mel

    http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2007/12/magic-pattern-bella-tutorial.html

    http://melstampz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete