Wednesday, December 19, 2012

i brake for backgrounds

hi all!

i am off to pezza's Christmas party at school today.  i like that i am able to take part in more things with her than i could with the boys.  i am heading out early to help my neighbor (and the room mom) with the set up.  i completely missed the sign up sheet that went out - which is so typical of me.  signing up or remembering that i signed up ahead of time for stuff is not my specialty HOWEVER last minute?  that is just my thing!  so when she asked yesterday i was more than happy to help out!  i am beginning to think i will always be a scatterbrained mess.  i operate best in a rigid schedule - unfortunaely i am completely incapable of making one for myself :P  probably why i loved being in school so much.  i could go to school forever.  hubby said no...

i am here with a new journal page for ya!  i am entering the following challenges:

i save up all the good quotes i see on facebook and pinterest and put them in my journal.  here is one that caught my eye recently:

so true and yet so hard to learn!  i started with a blue background and layers of shimmering Luminarte Silks paints.  then I stamped in a few spots with the Map #2 background stamp.

 i love all that shimmer!

next i printed and mounted my quote.
once done i added some more stamping in yellow using stamps from the Florals & Leaves Plate.  i LOVE the backgrounds and sheet options IBFS has!  the sheets are a great way to stock up on similarly themed stamps!

fun yes?

2 comments:

  1. Thank-you for sharing your fabulous project with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique and wonderful colors. Thank you for joining us this week on Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete