Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Meet the verve divas challenge (with quick tutorial)


I have not had the opportunity to play all of the meet the verve divas challenges but was feeling particularly ambitious AND i liked this sketch so i took the plunge!









And here is my card:


And a closer look at the details:

Again I was playing with the Halloween Trails set from Inkadinkado - this time stamped in encore purple metallic ink - much more purple IRL. The tag is stamped in encore silver. The background is another dimensional pearls and ink blending foam experiment. And of course some of Cat's gorgeous purple shimmery bead pops.

The background is quick and easy. Gather supplies; 2-3 colors of dimensional pearls acrylic paints, ink blending tool and foam, cardstock. Using ONE color at a time - squirt liberally on to a foam piece and dab randomly over the cardstock - you want it thick and texture-y in spots. don't cover the whole thing.



Repeat with other colors until you are happy with the results.



2 comments:

  1. What a neat looking technique. Great card. Thanks for playing! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! I love that little witch!!!! And I looove what you did with her...you know I loves all your stuff...I gotta get ready to get a little messy and play around with my inks too!

    ReplyDelete