Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Do your skittles want to play dress up??? new stamp release!

To answer some questions on the skitterbug stamps - i drew them myself and they can not be purchased form anyone else. the skittles i used are died and then painted by hand by Catherine (my sidekick-hee hee) - she will have pics of her snail shells tomorrow - they are better than my attempt :)

is it really the END of the day????? good heavens where did it go??
so do you remember these gorgeous flowers we sprayed with shimmer mist yesterday? well they ar eback to help me introduce some new additions to my rubber stamp line!



















I am using fridays cupcake sketch from taylored expressions:

now what on earth are skittles some of you may be asking. Skittles are very similar to the robin's nest dew drops and i currently carry many altered "skittles" as bead pops on my website. they were nicknamed skittles after the screen name of Catherine, the girl who does the altering. and so we got to thinking and here is what we came up with:

And now some close ups:
















And the stamps:


i know the pic is insufferably tiny but click here to see them on my website! Now it is simple to dress up your skittles - simply stamp the little bugs and add skittles. each set comes with 8 alterd skittles (or bead pops) and more can be purchased if you want them. You can also make your own OR simply use the little cuties on their own as stamps. more samples to come!!

In addition don't miss my little giveaway i posted yesterday - a pack of SEI's velvet paper - oh so yummy! just post a comment on yesterday's post by 3am eastern time wednesday - i will pick a winner when i get up! i'll have more to giveaway tomorrow!



4 comments:

  1. Dressed up skittles! What's next?! Awesome idea and loving your new stamps...

    Hmmm...I think I need to deposit a check and make an order soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have a few questions...

    Did you just use plain colored skittles (red & yellow) over the stamps, or did you draw the lines/dots directly on the skittles for extra emphasis? They look much darker than the actual stamp.

    Also, are those stamps yours exclusively (did you have them made to be skittle size)?

    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete