Monday, February 18, 2008

Crackle Paint letters

I decided I wanted to play some more with my crackle paints - love this stuff!! we are beginning to work on rearranging the basement so i have a scrap space and pez has a play area and so i decided to decorate some letters for her.

i LOVE how they turned out. I painted them first with a chocolate brown acrylic paint. then i traced tem onto the back of the paper i was using for the front of them. next i painted the sides with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Tattered Rose. i put it on really thick so the cracks would be larger. a little warning - these three letters took about 2/3 of a bottle - glad i wasn't trying to de her real name - hollyn!! i LOVE how the paint looks tho - you can really see it in the close ups:




After it dried completely i brushed mod podge on the fronts of the letters and attached the pattern paper (CTMH). When that was dry I sanded all of the paper edges to get rid of the excess being careful not to sand the paint! I inked the edges in chocolate brown. I cut the shapes from the Walk in my Garden cricut cartridge and attached them. the flower centers are primas with a drop of iridescent glass paint. we ordered Pez's play kitchen for downstairs last night too - YAY!!! well tons to do today and she is eyeing my laptop - "Butties" she cries and wants to pound the keyboard :) have a great day all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!!! They are DEVINE! The colours are just awsome.

    ReplyDelete