Monday, April 3, 2017

BBTB2 - Tree challenge.

Hi all!

Well I am back to posting after a bit of a break.  I am still on the design team for Bitten By the Bug 2 and this week's challenge is trees in honor of Arbor Day.


I wanted to get these beach pics scrapped from a few years ago so I went with a palm tree.


I loved this title SVG cut I found at Treasure Box Designs.  The flower accents came from the Sweet Treats Cricut cartridge and the flip flops & sunglasses came from the Pack Your Bags Cricut cartridge.


The palm tree is an SVG cut file from Kadoodle Bug Designs - I really loved the little zig zag accent going up the trunk so I just had to have it.  My little Crabbie is from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge - This particular trip was to Outer Banks, NC and Pezza and I were obsessed with waking up really early to walk to the beach and watch the dozens and dozens of little crabs pop up out of their holes and scurry around on the beach.


My second page includes a couple more of the flower accents as well as a shell from the Life's A Beach cartridge and a border from the Ribbons & Rosettes cartridge.

I love doing beach themed layouts mostly because I love the colors.  Perhaps I need to incorporate these fun beachy colors in my house!

I hope you will come join in the challenge over on BBTB2!

I am also entering this layout in the following challenge:


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely adore those colors, subtle and sweet, detailing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking on the beach was certainly my favorite thing to do, when visiting that area. I especially liked the beach at night. I love all of your beachy colors and papers. The zigzag on the palm tree looks fabulous with the paper that you used. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun layout, Marti. I'm just tickled to pieces that you are supporting our new 'critter' challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and I hope you'll become a regular. Thank you. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete