Monday, May 30, 2016

BBTB - Thank you/graduation

Hi all!

We got to enjoy our first run at the local swimming pool yesterday.  Other than that we have been cleaning cleaning around here.  The clutter and toys get completely out of hand!  Once she is back at school tomorrow the house will be clear so I can get some cleaning done!

We are also winding down the school year here and our challenge at Bitten By The Bug this week is graduation or thank you so I have taken the opportunity to get my thank you gift card holders made.  I always give Starbucks cards out and Hollyn has quite a team due to both 3rd grade changing classes with all 3 teachers plus her gifted program.  So far I have 2 done:


I use this file ALL the time for gift cards.  I just change up the front - I might use a card sketch for my design and then I change up the focal cut depending on the occasion.  For these Hollyn picked a set of files from Little Scraps of Heaven called Bookworm in Training - there are 4 different bookworm pics.  There were so many tiny pieces I went against my steadfast rule of inking all my edges but I think it's still ok!


I use a cut from Fabulous Finds called card holder and the coordinating insert.  The striped layer is Stamped Border from Ribbons and Rosettes.  Then I use glue dots to attach the gift card to the insert, have Hollyn write on the back and then slide it into the holder.  Easy peasy!


Here's a screen shot of the file I use over and over again with a past design - this way it's always sized correctly and I just have to work on the focal part.  I also keep some various gift cards on hand for birthday parties in case I forget to get my butt out and get a gift for a party.  Now to get the other 3 done!

Swing by Bitten By the Bug and check out what the other team members have made for the challenge and then join in on it yourself!

4 comments:

  1. I love every one of your bookworm gift cards. They are all adorable. I am sure your gifts will be so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marti. It's always nice to make quick cards that are specialized for that person. Love your take on teacher gifts. Awesome

      Delete
  2. Marti, as a former teacher, I'm sure the recipients of your cute gift card holders will just love them! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I have Fabulous Finds and have never really used it…I'm going to have to give this a try, as I could see myself using this A LOT!!!!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete