Monday, February 23, 2009

assignment time......*evil laugh*

so i gave my girls some assignments - hee hee! i know most of the time i have images on my projects that i color in - usually with my copics. however i also know there are a lot of stampers out there who don't necessarily want to color or feel comfortable coloring. so the girls will be doing two projects this week that do not involve coloring :)
i began working on my own and had so many ideas i decided to focus on *not coloring* all week! so here is my first one:
i had not done spotlighting in quite awhile and then Danni posted a tutorial about it on Follow my Heart. i LOVE this stamp from inkadinkado but had not inked it yet sooooooo. this is such a quick and easy technique.

i stamped first with black (or you can do brown, gray...) and then i stamped a second time with a kaleidacolor pad (15% off). i punched a circle of the area i wanted to spotlight, glued it to a slightly larger circle to mat it and then matched it up to my black stamped image. i used my wonderful foam ink blending tool around the edges with scattered straw and aged mahogany distress inks. the keyhole is a tim holtz goodie.
all of the products used this week to show you some fun non-coloring techniques are on sale RIGHT now so this is a fantastic time to stock up!





4 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Great job on the spotlighting technique.. Danni did a great job with the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spotlight technique too. We just had it as a challenge on another on-line group to which I belong.

    Your card is really nice!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have seen this done before but never knew 'how' it was done... you make it sound too easy! I'd love to give this technique a try sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rocking these peeks Marti!

    ReplyDelete