Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WOJ challenge #2 - Gift Set

i think this is one of my most fave projects i have ever done! i did it for the second challenge over at the Whiff of Joy challenge blog - if you still have not checked out Whiff of Joy i urge you to take a peek! so the challenge was to have stitching on your card or whatever you make. it can be any kind of stitching - machine, hand, faux or stamped. i did stamped with a great little set from technique tuesday - second stamp i ever purchased....and of course use a WOJ stamp!

i made this gift set for christmas:

YEP! that is a starbucks frappacino 4 pack all done up for the holidays! i will be fillling the bottles with russian tea mix, mint hot cocoa mix, mocha hot cocoa mix and marshmallows! i covered the cardboard holder with solid paper and then strips of patterned paper from my DCWV glitter christmas stack - love love love it!!

Here is the box without the bottles:

AND a close up up WOJ's Willow with Hot Chocolate. I colored her with Copics and stamped my stitching around her in brilliance pearlescent crimson. i added some glitter primas and prima leaves with bella dots in the centers. the handle portion is stamped with a studio G stamp that i colored in with stickles and another stitching stamp. i attached all the papers with mod podge - thinner layer than i normally use with wood.

more primas and leaves on one side:




Mixing directions and more stamped stitching:



And the bottles - more strips of paper adhered with mod podge. tags are cut on the cricut - george cart. names of the mixes are printed on my computer and a coffee cup from MFT.



Lids have a circle of paper with stickles around the edge and studio G stamps - coffee cups and "warm wishes" - this was just TOO fun. i will be doing several more!

what do y'all think???? good gift????


6 comments:

  1. That's really great, Marti! The stamp is beautiful & the hot chocolate is a great gift idea. I was thinking about doing some of those for gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti, that is a beautiful gift!! I love how you decorated the box and the bottles. I'm going to have to try this also. The best part is drinking the Frappuccinos first! Now back to housework-wink!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this? Love it! Can I be on your Christmas gift list please? Pretty please, with sugar on top? I love hot chocolate on a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovee it! Great job Marti!

    hugz,
    Suzanne Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Marti, how did I miss then when I was on your blog this morning! I LOVE this, what a great idea! I love all the details too (love those primas! :) ). TFS!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete