Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blog candy winner and SFYTT box...

SO glad to hear ya'll love the bead pops as much as i do! now for the winner of the Big & Juicy ink pad...."swimmom" - YAY!!

on to my project post for today. i always LOVE Jen's sketches over on iheart2stamp. i decided to use this weeks on the top of a box i have been playing with. here is the sketch:

And the box:
Lid

Side

Side

So I was going for the mother of pearl look here. the pics definitely do not do this box justice. i started by covering the box with pearl paint from one of my latest additions to the store - Ranger paint dabbers - LOVE these things!! i let the paint stay "bumpy." then i put a very small amount of alcohol inks on - i used mushroom, currant and eggplant and lots of blending solution so the color would be very subtle. for the lid (and Jen's sketch) i broke out my brand-spankin new pink cat stamps. i just discovered these and they are my new all-time favorites - i could have bought them ALL!! i stamped with Adirondack Espresso and colored in using my aquapainter and adirondack inks in cool peri, pink sherbet and willow - all from the Lights collection then i sponged on versamark and covered the whole stamped piece with Rangers frosted antiquities crystal embossing powder. added sheer purple ribbon, a couple primas and, of course, tiny little grungeboard hinges done up in gold. i covered the grungeboard in versamark, added Ranger pale gold pearl embossing powder, melted and then while still slightly warm i brushed on the perfect gold perfect pearls powder. i will be adding gold stickles to the holes in the hinges but when i went to do that i realized....GASP....i don't HAVE any gold stickles!!!!! how can that be??? not to worry - i just placed another order with ranger and will be adding stickles to my webstore!!! YAY!!!!

now i am off to get some work done - LOTS of cool new things are brewin' over here in the Pez-A-Doodle Studio!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh CONGRATS Avra!!!

    Oh my gooooooosh, Marti!!! That box is FABULOUS!!!! So many techniques on it..and here I was proud of myself for just starting to use alochol inks!!! I bow down to the Ranger queen...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Marti your blog is great , i am proud of u keep up the good work.call me when u get home love Paula

    ReplyDelete