I started by printing my pics using the contact sheet size. These fit perfectly on the blocks with some room to decorate. I put a tiny drop of glossy accents on each front corner of the pic and then glued it front side down so that it would be on the inside of the block.
next i inked the edges of the top and bottom block with brilliance pearlescent ink and heat set them with a heat gun. The top is sky blue and the bottom is ivy green.
i stamped littlew bugs and a phrase from a studio g set with brilliance pearlescent inks and heat set too. i ADORE these little dew drop inks i have added to the store - the size and shape of them makes it a BREEZE to ink up your stamp in several different colors.
now for assembly. i used e6000 glue. i applied it to all four edges of the bottom piece and attached all four sides and let dry. then i applied the glue to the edges of the top piece, laid it down and slid the block down over it - perfect fit!
This pic really shows the 3-d looking effect of having the pic and paper on the inside and the stamping on the outside.
i decorated the top with a piece of grungeboard from the minis set, inked well with more brilliance pearlescent ink and two primas from the paper patch. i covered the centers with glossy accents and then loaded them up with various colored green seed beads. i dotted dimensional pearls around the edges.
Each corner is an indent so i ran a line of glossy accents along each one and dropped some Blue Lagoon bead pops in upside down. i did one corner at a time so they could dry. these are by catherine/silly skittles and available on my website - she does an excellent job with them - not just dies but all shimmery and variations in color are superb!
i plan on making more of these it turned out so cute. i may even make some two blocks high for larger pics or more pics.
remember to send me a link if you make this or any other project with your extra blocks! don't collect studio G and don't have any blocks - you can order them on my website! if you have an SCS gallery put TOTB in the keywords!