Wednesday, June 4, 2008

and the countdown continues....plus MOJO40 card to share!

***ok first thing i need to do is take care of an emergency - will the person from the phillipines who emailed me about scrapbook kits PLEASE email again as i ACCIDENTLY DELETED your email ACK!!!!!!!! ***

ok on to our regularly scheduled program....first up is my MOJO40 sketch card. For those that don't know this is put up every Monday by Julee who is the owner/designer over at Verve Visual. The first Monday of each month she picks a winner to receive a stamp set. so the sketch:

and the card:
i must admit i saw the sketch and was a little at a loss as to what i should do. but i love how this came together. the stamped image is another of my new ones - which BTW now have NAMES!!! came up with them as i was uploading to scs - i will share those tomorrow in full but for now this one is ladybugs a scuttle. all inks are ranger - i stamped with pebble and then colored in with red pepper, lettuce, and lake mist. Circles are cut on the cricut (amy - 1/8" border....yes you need a cricut hahahah) and the green swirly ummmmmmmm thing is also cut on the cricut. the cuttlebug corner is another technique from Paper Transformed *lovin this book!* - painted a black piece of paper with silver paint dabber, cuttlebugged it, rubbed it with snadpaper and then some oregano ink - awesome IRL!! the german scrap across the bottom was gold but i colored it with silver and black alcohol ink and then rubbed it with oregano also. dots are Lettuce dimensional pearls.

next up is another baby pezzy playin with blocks:

i sprayed the CTMH pattern paper with pearl mist - water and perfect pearls powder in perfect pearl - no color just pure shimmery goodness!!! image is colored with prismas and gamsol and some sweet little sugar pops from the bead pops line.

here's another cake-cake with pezzy:

the background is smooshed pearl paint and stickles!

and finally another lady bug:

colored in with ranger ink and added fired brick distress embossing powder - which i adore - background is my cobblestones in black stazon on a transparency and then alcohol inked.

so today i pick my first winner! and the winner is.......Mel ! drop me an email with your address and color choices!

and now for todays question - what is your FAVORITE technique/tool - either one that you use or one that you admire. right now i am LOVING all over the copic coloring. i have markers on their way but i'm sure i will need lots of practice!

hope you all get to have an inky day today!!!

19 comments:

  1. Pink Vanilla RoseJune 4, 2008 at 7:39 AM

    I LOVE circles Marti..love em on cards AND scrapbook pages. Great card! Tracy (aka PinkVanillaRose from the Cricut MB
    T:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of cards. Love the little ladybugs. The set of bricks is very useful. I love my H2Os at present but I also love my Prismacolors and Mineral Spirits. Good Luck on your new endeavor.
    Retired Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new favorite is coloring with glitter pens & markers. I love the Sakura Stardust & my SS got me some Twinklette. I also have a clear Copic Atyou Spica glitter Pen that works well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOO HOO! I won-I can't believe it. I love your latest card-especially all the Ladybugs. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great set of cards! I love looking at your work. I just recently bought the prismacolor pencils and love using them with baby oil and goo gone. I really like the look it gives to the images. I also just started making cards so I an enjoying the Cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now I love my edge distressor. Then I either leave the edges white or ink them with ink. I love the messy edge.

    Lesley W

    ReplyDelete
  7. K, count this one...Avra can't login to make a comment for some reason, but she would like to be entered! And her favourite technique is....probably any of the the ones we enable her to do! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the circle card. All your cards are fantastic. I am just getting into alcohol inks and just love them.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. i tend to be into whatever is new or new for me anyways its all I cocintrate on till the new wears off so right now it is embossing just bought my first powder on sat and i am embossing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards! So unique.

    nickicole (ncole1701@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards!! And I'll be bookmarking those sketch sites too. They seem excellent.

    Right now I really like ditressing. I've done two distressed cards that I absolutely adore. I want to get into the copic markers...just haven't gotten there yet -- the color looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh there are so many things right now, but I guess what I use the most right now are my copics

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink Vanillla RoseJune 4, 2008 at 2:07 PM

    Happy Scrappin, Marti! My favorite technique right now is heat embossing. I'm really into color testing...combining different colors to see the result...pretty neat.
    Tracy (aka PinkVanillaRose)
    T:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to learn how to use all of these wonderful tools.

    Right now, I guess the tool I use the most is the cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute stuff Marti. I am loving my new Memento inks that I got...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love embossing with my cuttlebug. And I like to ink things too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Copics, for sure. I don't own any (yet) but they will be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the circle card!

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! Love that shimmery cake and all the dotted accents on the mojo card. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete