Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Brake for Paris

Hello all!

I have a vibrant shimmering art journal page to share with you today - this was done for a travel journal.  The quote is a J. R. R. Tolkien one - "Not all those who wander are lost."


My background has some stenciled gel medium and then splashes of acrylic paint topped with dry brushed Luminarte Silks

 
Dry brushing the Silks on not only gives the page some random shimmer but also highlights the raised gel medium stenciling.

Next I stamped the Large Paris Balloon Collage image on paper with Coffee ink.  I smudged across the image with Distress Inks and edged it with more Coffee Ink.  I did the same with my quote after I printed it off on my computer.  This collage image is the perfect focal piece for my page!  After adhering the quote and stamped image I stenciled on some Viva Decor Modeling Cream through a piece of sequin waste - LOVE the Viva Decor Modeling Cream!


I finished the page off by stamping a few images with one of my hand carved stamps using Luminarte Silks and then doodled around the edges with a black zig pen. Stamping with paint gives a very different look and feel to the image.

With so many fantastic collage images at IBFS you can find ones to fit any of your mixed media pages!  Remember you can get 10% off with my code SAVE10MARTI!

No comments:

Post a Comment