Monday, August 6, 2012

a peaceful tree today

yay monday!

ok so maybe not!  but hey i tried!  we headed to the petsmart in reston - further away - with the kitties yesterday but it was very slow so no luck on adoptions.  :(  it is really starting to worry me and stress me out!  poor little sweet babies! w e had a temporary visitor too - johnny stayed behind at the reston petsmart until they can find him a foster home - we have enough here!

on to some crafting!  i have another card for ya - yep another card.  i decided to play with some of the splitcoast dare to get dirty challenges from last week and this is what i came up with:

i dug around in my massive collection of 6x6 paper pads and came across an old basic grey one - cappello - gorgeous!  the colors and the patterns! 



i stamped the tree from the M's Place stamp set at SCACD onto a book page and several different papers and cut it all out so i could piece them back together.  turned out super i think!  i used more papers from the same paper pad for the card layers and then in keeping my buddy suzanne's dirty girl challenge



i added a pop of salmon with paper and skittles. w hat do y'all think???

2 comments:

  1. I have been very inspired by your new projects and think you are doing awesome with your Mixed Media. I plan to take one of the new classes after I finish up my lettering class. I checked as of now, I can see that ONLY the Basic class is up and running, so I have time too! Yippee!!

    I hope the Basic class goes well and I'll be looking forward to the follow up classes!! c

    Oh and I did take your advise and am taking my "Lettering" class with Joanne, who is fabulous!! So far, I'm loving it and I'm only in the early stages! Thanks for the tip!! She had also been recommended by another friend who took a color class with her and loved it! Mixed Media is growing more and more and I'm started to really LOVE IT!

    I'm excited that I have your stamps to work with too! :)

    Hugs,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete