Saturday, November 5, 2011

card & video tutorial

hi all!

anyone made themselves sick on halloween candy yet???  i actually have not been in it too much this week.  Hubby's work has a formal xmas party every year so i went out clothes shopping early this week and WOW was that depressing.  i don't know what happened to me as i reached 40 but it has NOT been good!  of course having another baby that late probably didn't help either...let's just say my weight has increased by 50% over the last 6 years and i am not pleased.  in fact i am so displeased i have been on the treadmill every day since shopping!  i know some people really enjoy exercising - not me.  so we'll see how it goes...i even gave most of my halloween cake to trevor and his new roomies!

on with the show - y'all know i love to crochet right?  well several months ago i stumbled upon a website, a collection of websites really, with LOADS of free patterns, free videos, free tutorials and all sorts of goodies.  The main sites i visit are FaveCrafts and All Free Crochet.  in fact i am working on a scarf and hat set for Pezza right now from All free Crochet and it will be appearing in the next issue of Through the Craft Room Door.  well they have sponsored several videos by me on the favecrafts site - YAY!  here is the card i made to go with the one I did for Modeling Cream/Embossing Paste:

I am also submitting this card to several current challenges - i encourage you all to play along too!

Tuesday Morning Sketches
Pile It On - Keep Warm
Pollycraft - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenge - Fancy Edges
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes with optional bit of bling
Crafty Creations - Green, Purple & Silver
Paperplay - Button Up
Paper Crafting Journey - Use a Digi
Card Making Mommas - Use a Die Cut

Just a quick note for ya, i know there are some people who find it very upsetting when someone makes a card for more than one challenge.  I personally don't know what the big deal is or why they find it upsetting but i LOVE to do it.  i mean anyone can make a card for just one challenge but i find it particularly *challenging* when i challenge myself to see how many i can incorporate into one project.  really it's just a fun little game i play with myself PLUS i hope to give exposure to as many challenges as possible so some of y'all will go participate.
ok now onward -  my starting point for this one was the cool harlequin patterned paper i made using viva decor modeling cream and crafter's workshop stencils for the video i did (it will be at the end of the post.)  You can find them both at SCACD.


i ADORE modeling cream - just LOOK at that amazing shimmery color and those super crisp edges.  and SO EASY as you will see in the video.

My image is from one of my fave places for digi images - Pollycraft.  She is colored with colored pencils.  EVERY time i post an image colored with colored pencils i get emails or comments saying oh i wish i could make my colored pencils look like that.  well YOU CAN!  just take my class over on Color Me Creative and i PROMISE you - your coloring will look like this!  I added some sparkle fluff to her hat & coat cuffs - PERFECT stuff for creating a velvety texture.  For the snow along the bottom I used white flower soft.  my snowflake was cut with my cricut and has a glittered skittle in the center from Your Next Stamp.

i added some pezabling to my punched edge for some added pizzazz - i DO still carry most of the colors on my website!  in fact i still have a number of things in stock and it is listed at 40% OFF!!!

now check out the video on modeling cream:

be sure and let me know what you think about the video!!!

11 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Thank you for the tutorial & for you joining the Pile It On challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - love the backing!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the glittery buttons! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe that you made the harlequin design yourself - it is amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing this adorable card with us at Pile it On this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all the elements you put into this card! Great take on the Crafty Creations colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colouring and the papers are lovely! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card love the image thanks for joining us this time at Creative Craft Challenge.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image and such gorgeous coloring! Wonderful technique with the Harlequin pattern, too.

    Thanks for joining us this week on Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenges and hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marti - I'm really sorry to hear you're closing the shop. I hope that whatever is next is big and wonderful!

    Now for your card - that is wonderful!! I love the image, she's too cute and the background you created is amazing. I've never heard of modeling cream but it's very cool. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so CUTE!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO last week! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute love the Pollycraft image! Thanks for the tutorial - will be back for a closer look when I've finished with my commenting :o) Thanks also for sharing with us at Crafty Creations this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete