Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ranger products - just gets better and better :) perfect pearls pigment powder



so as most of you know i have been absolutely obssessed with the Tim Holtz 12 tags of christmas tutorials on his blog. WELL i got around to tag 6 and started playing with the perfect pearls pigment powder - which i had saved til last because i was a bit skeptical/scared to be honest. well i am here to tell you i fell in love! (how many times have you heard that from me in the last month??) this stuff is awesome!!!! first of all just stamping in versamark or perfect medium and then brushing the powder over the stamp produces incredibly shimmery results. but THEN i followed Tim's directions and mixed some with reinker and water - oh WOW. i mixed it in a mini mister and it gives me this fine mist spray of the most shimmery pearlescent sheen i have ever seen - glitter cardstock no more!!! this is far better - and my favorite part is that i can use whatever reinker matches my cardstock and paper colors (i'm an SU girl) and my project is perfectly coordinated. it's going to be a very shimmery easter around here i can tell ya!!! now for all you cricut lovers - Tim's tag uses a mask made by Heidi Swapp but i am here to tell you it's not necessary - we can make whatever masks we want with our fab little friend the cricut. just cut your shape of choice out of cardstock, put temporary adhesive on the back. stick it to your card paper, spritz away with the glimmery spray and let dry. then peel your mask right off - works perfectly. i hope to have something to show you tomorrow. another wonderful thing about this stuff - when you put ink over it the shimmer still shows through - like when you stamp over it or ink your edges. the pictures i have DO NOT do this stuff justice - so glad i decided to put it all on my site - so get yourself some and play!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just left a long post on how i made my card but it didn't go through...I am in a tornado warning right now. I used a cuttlebug and then used the walnut stain stamp pad and lightly ran it over the raised image...I'm hoping thats what you were wondering about >"< I hope this helps

    ReplyDelete