Sunday, February 24, 2008

gotta love embossing powder!!!!




i did these cards with the magic pattern technique in the Technique Junkies newsletter I just got - so many fabulous ideas, so little time!!! the stamps are a CTMH set that i just love AND i got to use my watercolor pencils that have just been sititng around - i didn't get very artistic with them as i have not had much success with that....i really love this look but need different stamps to make it look as good as the samples i have seen. i made these for my mom because she said she needed some "every day" cards.

in other news...i finally broke down and ordered some grungeboard! :P i fought it for awhile and then started looking at the elements set and thinking maybe....but then there are some weird shapes in there i thought i'd never have a use for, then i thought oh what the h*** i just have to play. and then don't you know i suddenly realized the piece i thought i would NEVER use will be the first one! i had some pics sititng on my table waiting to be scrapped and i came up with the perfect idea - used crackle paints to and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! but ya'll will have to wait til i get my grunge board piece before you can see it!! i am really trying to do more scrapbook layouts and use the new products, stamps and techniques i am learning on my pages because frankly i have WAY too many cards!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cards!!! I should break out my embossing powder again, LOL!

    I did get my order from you, thank you very much... I should have let you know earlier!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore the little plant pots with the li' faces!!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete