Wednesday, December 5, 2012

i brake for clowns!

good morning!

how is everyone?  did you have beyond gorgeous weather yesterday like we did???  holy cannoli it was beautiful!  pez and i went for a long walk together and then met up with daddy on the way home who got to escape work early.  then we grilled a steak - DEElish!

i am sharing another I Brake For Stamps piece today - a page i did in my art journal last week.  i was REALLY struggling with a number of issues and i saw this quote on facebook and new i wanted to do a journal page for it - it really fit for what i was feeling at the time:


I began by using a stencil and ceramic stucco medium for the two corner pieces.  then I misted the page with several different shimmering mists in shades of purple and silver made by mixing Luminarte Primary Elements, Gum Arabic and water.  I had to be really careful not to oversaturate or the stucco medium got all wet and gooey again.



Next I stamped with Luminarte Silks using rubber stamps and some bottle lids.

i added just a bit of color and shimmer to my Clown with Mask image using Twinks - this image is by Rick St Denis - isn't it amazing!?!?!?  you can purchase a full sheet of his clown images too!

The images at I Brake for Stamps are so amazing for mixed media work - be sure to browse the site!  now i better scoot - i promised pezza i would play a game with her if she behaved while i work and she has been PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment