Wednesday, March 12, 2008

technostamper sketch and i've been tagged

I decided to give the sketch on technostampers a whirl and ended up with an easter card from some leftovers of another project i was working on. here is the sketch:



here is the card:



The base is orchid opulance (SU) and the lighter purple is bazzill bling. the embossed piece is my modified version of faux antique metal and is done with alcohol ink colors meadow, eggplant and currant - i have decided these will be the colors of my craft area as we begin re-designing it :) the stamp is Fluffles and the flower is a prima sent as a gift to me (waving *HI* to anne over at Paper Patch Crafts). i added the flower as an after-thought and couldn't believe how well it matched!

in other news - i've been tagged by my friend Amy over at Pickled Paper - if you have not checked out her blog yet hurry over there - you are in for a treat!

So i am supposed to list 7 weird or random things about myself:

1. i attended 16 different schools from kindergarten to high school
2. i listen to the same music most parents of teenagers are trying to ban :)
3. i have to eat a bowl of cereal EVERY night before i go to bed whether i am hungry or not
4. i was heavily OCD until i had kids and had to give it up to keep my sanity. however a few remnants remain - for example the way the dishwasher is loaded. if DH loads the dishwasher i have to re-arrange it all :P the milk has one spot in the fridge and only one spot....
5. i am part Cajun and part Cuban - how's that for a fiery combination?? my dad came here from Cuba when he was 12 and his family was fleeing Castro right after the takeover - i anxiously await the day i can go visit cuba
6. i am only 4' 9" and have been mistaken for a student when picking up my son at his middle school :P
7. as a child instead of playing "house" and "baby dolls" with the other girls i dressed up as a bandit with my brother and raided there playhouses, kidnapped the babies and threw the dishes out of the window.

I am tagging Mandy, Sandie, Jackie, Chris, Julie

and lastly here are the rules:
And last, the rules:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! It's gorgeous! I still haven't tried the alcohol inks.. they sit on the shelf gathering dust! LOL. You have it mastered ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completed the tag assignment :D Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello hello! I loooove that card and that faux technique you did with the transparency...I'm slooowly SO getting enabled to get alcohol inks...everyone's doing such neat things with them!!!

    p.s. thanks for the email about the studio g stamps!

    ReplyDelete