Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Pezza Way

Hi all!

I know I know - I announce I got a new Cricut Explore and then drop RIGHT off the face of the earth and leave you all hanging!  I will be getting to that and some other new things too but right now I am in the middle of snow day hell!  We have had some brutally cold weather and some snow in our area (DC Metro) and it doesn't take much of that to shut the whole place down!  Pez went to school for ONE partial day in the last week so that makes for precious little mommy time.  Especially being special needs and extremely high maintenance!  Having raised the boys in MO I get a little frustrated with the seemingly needless closing of school when we were all perfectly able to go to school in the midwest and even got BLASTED on Facebook (on my own wall for God sakes - IS NOTHING SACRED?) for thinking kids should go to school when they can - apparently that makes me a bad mother but whatever.  It appears there are alot of parents in my area who simply cannot be bothered to take their walkers to school when the weather is bad - perhaps they shouldn't have had kids?  I guess it is part and parcel with the heavy sense of entitlement unique to this area.  I haven't seen it much in the other places I have lived and I have lived alot of places!  Anyway, I don't know why this one person got so angry with me, it really doesn't matter how any of us feel about snow days - we gotta do what we are told and no matter whether they cancel or don't a good half of the parents will get angry.  Luckily I don't let people get to me too much these days.  Perhaps they just needed a whipping post - meh.  I know my life is good and I am a good parent!

SO on the subject of snow days - I ave been doing all sorts of stuff to keep Pezza occupied and I even got her into the studio for awhile a couple days ago.  She is still a Tim Holtz girl at heart though she has grown alot since he put THIS VIDEO of her on his blog (she was 3 at the time).  Here is her latest page:


She began by layering on some Distress Inks - she has her own of the little cubes now but only a few colors so far.  She really wants me to get her a whole set of all of them so she doesn't have to use mommy's.  Next she wanted some shimmer mist in pink so I mixed some up using water, Gum Arabic and Pink Azalea ColourArte Primary Elements.

Next she smeared on some modeling paste through a stencil - this diamond stencil is one of the first ones I ever got from The Crafter's Workshop and it's still both our favorite!  While the paste was still wet she sprinkled on some red Distress Glitter and Pink Gala Glitz.


The two multi-heart shapes are a die she got at a show last year - the open heart one is paper with Distress Ink, the more solid one is red crafting foil and she wanted to leave all the small heart cut outs in so it was more of an embossed look.  The bottom 2 hearts are ones she made after reading the July 12 tags post on Tim's blog.  She did complete another project to enter for the July Tag HERE.  Sure wish I had the money to invest in all the Tim Holtz products like I used to!

She is entering her project in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Think Pink.

Next up she is hoping to do Tim's current 12 tag challenge for Feb.

I am sneaking in wee bits of time in the studio here and there and hope to have some good stuff to post about this week including a DT announcement, a mixed media video (trying to get back to doing videos as my YouTube page still seems to be quite traveled....) and Cricut Explore info/updates.  I have several neighbors interested in scrapbooking together and we will be getting together for the first time tomorrow so I will get some things done then for sure!

Stay warm!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely project!! I love that diamond stencil too! Love the glitter in the modeling paste and the awesome pink colors!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty project! Beautiful heart! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the pink and sparkles on your art journal page! Thanks so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful make! I love how you put this together! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh Pezza is so talented~! looks like you're making good use of those snow days. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete