Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cool Cat - Cricut Explore

Hi all!

While I have BIG plans for this new machine of mine I am trying to take it in small bits and learn.  Like today's project.

Another layout for today - a super quick one!  I had this on my desk, mostly complete and thought I would use the next card sketch from SCS for one of the main elements where I did not have a picture to put in the spot.  The card sketch posted for today worked perfectly!  I have full FREE access to every design on Cricut has for 2 weeks so I thought I might want to start taking advantage of that and went searching for cat images since my layout is of one of my silliest cats, Bubba, when he was small.  Ironically a number of the pictures are of Bubba playing with one of my other Cricuts - he loves them.


I used this wonderful sketch by my SCS scrapping friend, Cheryl, from Ever More Scrapping.  We both host scrapping challenges on SCS.  It is a sketch from back in 2012 that I came across on Pinterest!


The element I made using the card sketch took the place of one of the 4 x 6 photos.


When I came across this image and wording I thought it would be perfect.  This was my first Cricut image to cut with my Explore.  I found it to be a bit different than cutting the SVGs.

I CAN say it cut the teeny whiskers and toes of this small cat incredibly well!



 I did not spend too much time on this cut but I noticed when I hit the Go button and came to the screen with the mats I could not rearrange the individual pieces like I could with my previous ones.  This is disappointing but it may just be I haven't figured it out.

What have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment