Friday, November 15, 2013

CIU is Counting down!

Hi all!

Today marks the start of the next challenge on the Cut It Up Challenge Blog!  The challenge is to make some sort of Advent or countdown project - I must say the design team really out did themselves!  Once you reach the end of this post I encourage you to go to the Challenge Blog and check out what the rest of the ladies made!

I decided to make a countdown calendar Pez could mark off as each day passsed:


Kadoodle Bug Designs is one of our sponsors for this challenge ($10 Gift Certificate) and she has a fantastic photo tag set cut file (along with LOTS of other wonderful cut files!)  I cut it out extra large - it's about 8 inches high or so!  Then I made the countdown box in Word.  All of my edges are inked with my go-to inks - Tsukineko Brilliance dew drops.


I wanted to give his hat a little pizzazz so I added some embellies - the other sponsor for this challenge is ME!  Yep - a $25 dollar gift certificate to shop on my website Pezadoodle Designs.  It is STILL up and running and has the last of my inventory ALL at 40% OFF - including the extremely versatile Pezabling sparkling squares like I used here on his hat.  You really can't beat that!  I also gave him a little clay poinsettia embellishment - these are super easy to make and you can watch Pezza show you how in this video:

Now head on over to the CIU challenge blog and see what the rest of the team has created and then enter a creation of your own!!!  I would also love it if you head on over to my website and do some shopping!  Pezadoodle Designs has great original rubber stamps as well as a variety of other things!

4 comments:

  1. This is just an ADORABLE snowman! Thank you for being one of our sponsors. I love my crafty goodies and I am having fun playing with them. Love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marti - priceless! Pezza will really enjoy marking off the days on this cutie. Hopefully, she'll be able to limit herself to one a day!!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marti, this calendar warms my heart...I love snowmen! Very creative my friend! I love it!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute project! Great use of the Pez-a-doodles bling on his hat! Thanks for being a sponsor on this challenge! And thanks again for the bling you sent us :-)

    ReplyDelete