Wednesday, February 18, 2009

my attempt at being less girly......

a little bday set i put together - trying for something that i could maybe give to my dad.....

notice i still couldn't resist the stickles (as icing)....ah well. overall i am pleased with the look - i have had the polkadot paper forever. i paired it with some SU designer paper, solid cardstock and luscious velvet paper from SEI.

Both Images are Polkadot Pie - Chocolate Treats 1 - i colored with copics. then i used crystal stickles as icing, nut brown flower soft as cake, paper pieced the cupcake holder (stamped the image on patterned paper and then cut out just the cupcake holder and glued it to my main image), and stamped a second strawberry, colored it cut it out and glued it over the main image using foam pop dots. i cut the images with my nesties an edged them with versamagic in Ocean Depths using my foam ink blending tool (seriously this tool will change your life!)



Some close ups...




the nut brown flower soft is in stock right now along with some other flower soft goodies. i am also working on additional tutorials so watch for those! Acetate boxes are also in stock.

5 comments:

  1. Marti,
    I love the brown and blue together! Such a cute set! And yes, it does work for a masculine look, even w/the Stickles! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti, these are great! They are perfect and i think work very well for a male gift and card ;) I LOVE how you used the flower fluff stuff, so yummy looking! I could take a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors!! It is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out fabulous!!
    I love your placement of everything, and it definatly looks masculin... great job!

    ReplyDelete