Wednesday, February 11, 2009

a 3 for 1 - gotta love that!


so i managed to cover THREE challenges in one card!!! how crazy is that? I used the colors for this week's SCS challenge - CC205, i used Jen's sketch ->
AND it is also for a new challenge i stumbled across via ashley (etsy inspired challenge) and found on Libby's blog called Courtney's Closet. Courtney just turned one and each week Libby posts her picture and you create a card inspired by her outfit. and HOORAY! i stumbled onto the one that is a contest too! and a prize of goodies i don't already have SWEEEEEEEEEEET!
ok ok right - card:
so the CC205 challenge was pink pirouette, kiwi kiss and perfect plum - i LOVE perfect plum - ALOT. plus i love purple and green together PLUS the inspiration picture from Courtney's Closet on libby's blog had pink in it so hey! and then Jen's sketch was on my table so i just went with it and it all came together. i stamped the Polkadot Pie image with versamark and then randomly brushed it with perfect pearls in turquoise, forever violet and patina green so it would be colorful like the wording on courtney's cupcake shirt. the bottom piece representing courtney's dark pink pants is a piece of glossy cardstock done with alcohol inks using tims "twist and dismount" technique- he used it on one of the 12 tags this year and again in his class at CHA . added the frosty pink and plum square embellies (you'll be seeing more of those here soon!) and a couple clay cupcakes i made yesterday, embossed the pink panel and there it is.


here is a better pic of the shimmery goodness on this cupcake - oh man i love perfect pearls - just NOTHIN like them! i hope to do a bit of shimmer-y comparisons next week.








4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE this! I'm so glad you found me via Ashley - but I don't know if I'm glad I found you - just looked through your store and I may need to spend some money!! Loveys with Pezzy is soooo adorable! And of course I love this cupcake image you used too. And holy cow, you MADE those little cupcake embellishments?!?! That's amazing. :-) Thanks so much for playing, I've got your name in the hat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, you are so GOOD... and you made the embelishments??? IMPRESSIVE... 3 in 1 is talent! TFS~!

    ReplyDelete