Thursday, November 13, 2008

more of t!m's 12 tags......6 & 7 today!

i have been having so much fun working my way through t!m's 12 tags of christmas. today i have 2 using tag 6 tutorial and on using tag 7! i do not have ribbons on them yet because they are the front covers of tag book ornaments.


i made my own masks with transparency sheets, my cricut and the new christmas solutions cart. after cutting i ran it thru my xyron with repositionable adhesive. i attached the mask to my coaster tag (cut from a coaster using a sizzix die in my cuttlebug) and then sprayed lightly with perfect pearls mist. i also sprayed some grungeboard pieces from the seasonal set and minis set. once the tags were dry i peeled up the mask and then rubbed more distress inks on. stamped my sentiments in black soot, distressed and inked the tag edges, attached my grungeboard and highlighted several pieces with distress stickles. i also added a bit of the german scrap i now carry to the reindeer card - i inked it with copper mixative to change it from silver.



these close ups show the glimmer and the distress stickles a bit better....

tag 7 is one of my fave techniques tho i have not used it in quite awhile. i inked up my tag with distress ink, poured on clear embossing powder and then flicked the back hard to make the powder come off in spots. melted it and then smooshed in some darker distress ink. the sentiment is inked in several different colors of distress inks and then clear embossed. the key is painted with copper paint dabber and i added more german scrap.

remember these tag kits are available to purchase in my webstore!

and now i am off to do some cleaning because boy do we need it!!!!!!!

have a fun day!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my GOSH woman!!!! Your tags are GOOOOOR-JUS!!!!!! I'm swooning over them I swear...and now I'm thinking of mine at home...I'm judging them for being ugly...LOL...miss you! Emailing you!

    ReplyDelete