Sunday, August 24, 2008

ooops! a little late for technostamper...but i have a tutorial!

hi all! i know it's been a bit sparse here lately but i have been SO sick! very frustrating as i rarely get sick because i don't have TIME to be sick! but i did manage to get some shipping done (woo hoo!) and a little play time in.


Today i have TWO cards for you based on MJ's sketch (yes i am WAY behind as her next one comes out tomorrow!) the second card includes a tutorial on another way to use dimensional pearls and the ranger foam ink blending tool. so here is the sketch:

I was SO excited when my latest Inkadinkado shipment arrived as it included the Halloween Trails clear stamp set that has been on back order. It put me in the mood to pull the whole stack back out again and play with them.

So here is card #1:

The bats and spiders are both from Halloween Trails and the pumpkin is from the Cats and Bats set and the little spider is from the Creepy Crawly set - you can order them all here. the two background panels are stamped with lightening black brilliance ink - stamps black but has a gold shimmer - perfect for halloween or what?!?! the little spiders are stamped with gold encore ink. the inks can be purchased here. The pumpkins are stamped in black memento, also available with the other inks, and colored with copics. the glitter around the pumpkins is stickles and the other glitter dots are the new $1 studio G glitter glues only available on the web here.

And now the second card:

In addition to the Inkadinkado order a Tsukineko order also arrived and it included more of the gorgeous kaleidacolor ink pads. I just knew Autumn Leaves would look stunning paired with the solid Inkadinkado stamps. Take a look at these wonderful pads here. And now for the tutorial on the two background panels above.


Gather your supplies: 2-3 colors of dimensional pearls acrylic paints, ranger FOAM ink blending tool, white cardstock (yep that's it!)



Squeeze a generous amount of each color onto your foam. (Really a bit more than you see here). I used Lettuce, Terra Cotta and Butterscotch for nice fall colors.



I applied the paint two different ways to get two different looks. For the first panel I stroked the foam tool diagonally across my cardstock piece. I wanted the colors to stay somewhat separated. I added more paint and continued down until the whole piece was covered. On the second panel I dabbed the foam onto the paper in a random motion similar to applying alcohol inks. experiment and see what YOU come up with! (My Ranger craft sheet is HEAVEN when doing stuff like this because i can make a big mess and then wipe (r scrape) it right back off and keep going.)



Next I stamped my imagge using the Kaleidacolor pad. These pads are great because they keep the colors separated when you are not using them:


After I stamped my image i took the ink blending tool and a fresh foam pad and smudged Terra Cotta ink around the edges of the white circle so it was not so harsh. I LOVE this tool because of the soft gradient look it gives with almost no effort.

i plan to have another tutorial with the foam blender and dimensional pearls up tomorrow so be sure to check it out!

hugs and thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. These are such great fall cards. I love the colors on the second one and the technique is so cool. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH, everytime I take a look at your cards, I feel I need to get more active in card making. I just love the designs you do. Guess I will buckle down and place an order for more supplies. You are not good for my pocket book. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love these fall cards. sooo yummy. makes me want to get started on mine

    ReplyDelete