Monday, July 10, 2017

BBTB2 Challenge - Sweet Summer Treats

Hi all!

What a week I've had!  Not only did I have my mom in town for a visit but I also had my oldest son, his wife and my almost 2 year old grandson!  OMGOSH is he adorable!  It was one very active extremely fun exhausting week!

I am back with a layout for this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Challenge.  This week we were asked to use a cut of a summer treat - think ice cream, popsicles, strawberries....I chose to scrap some of the many pictures from our trip to see friends in Canada last summer.


I had some fun with this one - I tried something different and free-handed the wavy pieces at the top and bottom of the pages.  With all the commotion I had this week I went for a fairly simple page on this one!


This ice cream cone is from Sugar & Spice - too cute!  One of the things I love about using Design Space is the search feature - I had never even heard of that cartridge - there are too many to keep up with anymore!


This one is from Birthday Bash - one of my long-time faves.  The font is called Candice - it is only a 1 layer font which is annoying - I prefer fonts with shadow layers BUT I liked the look of it so I went with it.  Now if only I could find time to scrap the rest of the pics from our trip - there's a TON!

I had not been on Design Space 3 until this project so it was all new to me.  I hate change!  But there were a few things I really liked - I especially like that all of my saved projects now have a thumbnail - they used to just be a list of names.  I only do basic papercrafting on my Cricut so I won't miss the canvas feature.  Maybe when I have more time to play I can explore the new DS a bit more.

Have a great week and be sure to check out the other great projects on the BBTB2 blog and then make one of your own and link it to our challenge!

3 comments:

  1. The wavey pieces on your layout make it so stunning! I love the pretty colors and papers. The treats look so yummy. You certainly have had a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of ice cream this week - boy - I sure want some. Great pictures to go with your double layout, everyone smiles when they are eating ice cream. Love the waves in the pink hues.

    ReplyDelete