Monday, April 17, 2017

BBTB2 - Sweet Challenge

Hi all!

We have a new challenge up for Bitten By the Bug 2 - Sweet.  This can be interpreted in several ways - sweet treats for birthdays, sweet designs for a baby, etc.

I chose to make a birthday tag with this fantastic ice cream cut.


Both the tag and the ice cream came from the Sweet Treats cartridge.  I love the tags on that cartridge!  I used the current card sketch on the Tuesday Morning sketches for my tag front.  I dug out my old SU corner rounding punch for the corners of the polka dot paper I put on top of the tag base.  Three little brown glittered skittles and a big brown bow balanced it perfectly I think!  Pink and brown has always been one of my favorite color combinations.


I gave the whipped cream on top an extra special touch by covering it with white liquid pearls and some pink microbeads.


When I was making the first tag I came across this little party hat on Sweet Treats and decided I should make a second tag as well with the same layout.  I envision this one being for a boy's gift so I wasn't sure I wanted to put the brown bow on it - haven't decided what I will put instead.....perhaps some curling ribbon when I add it to the package.

I hope you'll join in the BBTB2 challenge and show us YOUR projects!

I was also inspired by the following challenges:


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag and that ice cream look yummy. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these tags are so adorable. I love the papers, images and the design of the tags. Cuteness, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags. Everyone loves ice cream, in fact, I want some now. Love all the layers, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tags Marti, they are very sweet! Thanks for sharing them with us at OLL, Jx

    ReplyDelete