Monday, April 24, 2017

BBTB Challenge - Spring Flowers

Hi all!

Is everyone enjoying some Spring weather?  We sure are - hoping it lasts for a bit.  I got my front flower beds cleared and mulched but not the back :(

The challenge this week over on the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog is spring flowers.  I wasn't sure at first what I was going to make and then But then it seems the word got out in my daughter's school library that I have a Cricut and might be useful in helping them decorate the bulletin board in the lobby.  (My best friend volunteers in there once a week so you can guess how I got tapped to help!)


Anyway, they told me the theme was April Showers bring May Flowers and sent me this pic from Pinterest - PERFECT!

Our board is horizontal not vertical so we had to make a few adjustments....


And here it is!  The librarian made the actual rainbow and rain drops but me and my Cricut did the rest.  I was a bit limited size wise of course but I thought I had gone big enough.  However, once it was put up I do wish I had done it a bit larger by splitting up the words.  (I'm sure there will be a next time - I have already been asked for wording for the lunchroom board!)


Here is my garden - almost entirely Cricut cartridge cuts - just the little bugs are SVGs - they were too cute to pass up.


I did my wording in Make the Cut so I could add the umbrella SVG and then make a shadow for the whole thing.

The second portion of wording plus my sun and cloud SVGs - again done in Make the Cut first so I could do the shadow.  I am glad I can do them in MTC and then import them into Design Space but I really do wish Design Space would get a shadow feature on it.

I am also including this in the following challenges:

I hope you bring some of this spring weather into your projects this week and join our BBTB2 challenge!

2 comments:

  1. This bulletin board is a work of art. I know the kids will enjoy looking at this and all the pretty flowers that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! Every school needs a teacher that has a Cricut and can decorate the boards!! LOVE! Thanks for entering at Kitty Bee!

    ReplyDelete