Friday, November 25, 2016

Something new - Chainmaille!

Hi all!

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving and stuff yourselves full of good food?  I know we did!  I have a different sort of post for you today.  I have a ridiculous amount of hobbies/interests other than paper crafts so today I wanted to share one of my latest ones - Chainmaille jewelry.

Here are the pieces that started it - Christmas items I am making as gifts.


First up - Christmas trees.  I had initially thought I would make these and the wreath below as pendants but Once I made them both I decided they are too big so they will be ornaments.  The tree to the left I made to see how a smaller version would look and may still make a few of them as pendants.


And the wreath....


To the right is my attempt at a smaller version of the wreath that could work as a pendant but it is too small to add the little gold bow.  I also used the same pattern of rings to make a slightly larger pendant to see how I liked it.


This is the same pattern as the wreath but is a bracelet.


Pezza recently got a very fancy white and blue dress for the holidays and wanted jewelry to go with it so I made these - a bracelet and a pendant.


I had not finished her bracelet yet...


This is a bracelet I will be giving my mom for Christmas.


And finally - matching pendants for me and Pez.  I have been having quite a bit of fun working on these.  It makes for a nice project to do sitting in front of the TV in the evenings.  What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment