Monday, November 7, 2016

BBTB - Holiday Nature

Hi all!

Well, Halloween is done so onward we go - and yes I am skipping Thanksgiving and going straight to Christmas!  I don't really need any Thanksgiving stuff but I do need Christmas cards!  I have 3 for this week's challenge on Bitten By the Bug 2 - holiday images from nature.


I LOVE Christmas stuff mostly because it's the only time of the year (except Mardi Gras of course) where the more sparkle you have the better!  In light of that I began this set of cards by mixing up some super sparkly mist using Splash of Color Primary Elements powder, gum arabic and water.  I misted lightly over a stencil - a combination of green and gold for 2 and blue and gold for the center one.


I wanted to keep these clean and simple so the only thing I added were Cricut cuts and a simple stamped sentiment.  You can really see the sparkle!


I only used 2 of the layers for this snowflake - again to keep it simple.


I just love that shimmer!

Be sure to head over to the BBTB2 blog to check out the awesome projects from the other designers and then make something yourself to link to our challenge!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous set of cards, Marti!!! Love all that sparkles and soft colorson the backgrounds. Looks magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had to rush right over to your blog first to see how you made these shimmery cards. Perfect for Christmas, I love that sparkle. I haven't heard of that mixture before - do I see myself learning a new technique?? Wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made your background on the cards...so pretty and sparkly! You made some awesome Christmas cards. The people that receive these will certainly enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete