Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Daddy Daughter Layout

Hi all!

Woohoo - TWO posts in ONE week!  Now don't get excited y'all because I am not making any promises that this will continue but I AM happy to be getting some scrapping done and I do love playing with my Cricut.  Who knows, maybe I will even get a few art journal pages or mixed media pieces going too!  But I am getting ahead of myself.

Pez and I still have some work to do in the gardens.  Apparently Mother Nature has decided this year's Spring will last exactly 1 3/4 days and *poof* right into summer. And now it's just hot, hot with bees and wasps.  Pez declared that I can't possibly expect her to play outside in this "bee-infested hotness."

As always, we have a batch of spring foster kittens - winter had so many mild days this batch was born March 17 - really early for kittens.  I picked up the momma cat and her sister from a local shelter and they were both pregnant.  The sister gave birth to 5 kittens on March 1 just 4 hours after I got her settled in at my house.  That's really early for kittens!  That family went to another foster home and we kept the other mom and she is now proudly taking care of 3 teeny babies and holy smokes are they cute!


Happy girl when she has an armload of kittens!

Now onto the papercrafting!  Last year Pez and daddy went to their first daddy daughter dance and I decided to make that layout next:

*I am going completely out of order at this point and I find it makes me more motivated to get layouts done.*


I laid this out in a Project Life type grid making it easier to fit a lot of pictures in fairly good size on just 2 pages.

I used to love card making but found I did not really have a use for the huge amount of cards I was making.  Now I often lay out my pages so that I can use 1 or more of the various grids as a sort of card base but fit it into my layout:


I used one for the title piece.


And the second one as just another decorative piece for the layout.  Both were done using card sketch challenges from Pinterest and I laid them out in Design Studio so I could size all of the elements just right.  The thin vertical border on this one was done using a border punch.  The stamp is a Studio G $1 stamp and I finished off both with a few red glittered *skittles* - anyone remember those from the old days???  Just like the Pezabling - I still find them to be a perfect finishing touch for my paper projects.

The scalloped circle embellishments are all from Design Space - type in circle in the search box and you will get HUNDREDS of perfect little circle embellishments with a design in them for nearly any subject matter you can think of.  Or do a solid one and stamp on it.


I added Stickles in the cut out portions and a few layered flowers with a red skittle in the center.


Well that's all from me for today!  Here's to hoping for some more play time this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment