I got back in the studio again on my little cardmaking mission for my mom. Nothing quite like a cookie dough latte and some Twinkling H2Os!
I have 2 more cards for you today using the following challenges:
- Splitcoast Stampers - Ways to use it: Maps
- Crafty Creations - Just for fun
- 4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
I have this great 5 x 7 book of map pages I found at Hobby Lobby to use on a desk I am refinishing (that project should appear here soon...) It was perfect for this challenge since I have so many pages left.
For my main images I decided to stamp with my Twinkling H2Os - it produces a gorgeous shimmering watercolor type image.
Can you believe that shimmer!??!
It can be a bit tricky to get it right and took me several tries. I wanted to share a few tips with you:
- Wake up the Twinks with 3-4 sprays of water from a mister. Let them sit 10 - 15 minutes, go make your latte, throw in some laundry - at least that's what I did.
- Once the Twinks are close to the consistency of honey they are ready. Dip your brush in and then be sure to brush it against the edge of the jar several times so the brush is not very loaded with paint. You just want a little.
- Brush the Twinks onto your stamp - you want the paint thin so it doesn't pool or puddle. Don't worry about hurrying or the paint drying.
- Once your stamp is covered hold a mister of water about 12" or so away and mist it lightly and then stamp onto your paper. Mist again and stamp again, sometimes the second image is better than the first one!