Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Journal 52 day - week 1

Hi all!

I came across a journaling prompt Facebook group called Journal 52 starting up for the new year and thought I would join in the fun.  There is a new prompt each week - this week the prompt is "Up, up and away."  Pezza decided to join in on this one too (being as how we were having the Xmas break that never ends - thanks a lot Polar Vortex :P)

In addition to the Journal 52 challenge we decided to use something else I made up to help - I made a bunch of product/technique prompts and we turned them all over and drew some to help our work along.



I suggested we draw 6 but Pezza insisted on drawing more.  Here are hers:


She actually had 9 but it got to a point where I was like ok we can only do so much at once.....


She did such a great job!  I try my best to give her as much freedom as I can - offering product usage info and suggestions but I let her make some choices too.


Her background has some subtle shimmer and I love the doodling she did with the gel pens!  She is getting better at stenciling with pastes too.

And here is mine:


I left a few of the tags out!  Six was more than enough!


I was inspired by the sunrise at the bus stop this morning - brilliant pinks, oranges and yellows masked by the cool soft tones of blueish purple clouds.....


"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."  ~Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment